Anne Charles Award
The Anne Charles Award for Distinguished Service is presented to a member of the NABE Communications Section who has made a significant contribution to advancing the goals of the Section through committee service or other Section volunteer efforts.
Any member of NABE may submit a nominee for consideration.
Who was Anne Charles?
The award is named for the late Anne Charles, director of communications at the State Bar of California, who served the Section by chairing committees, serving on the Executive Council, mentoring new members, and representing the Section’s interest with the NABE Board of Directors.
- 2013 Samuel Lipsman, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- 2012 Stephanie Abbott, Clark County Bar Association
- 2011 John Sirman, State Bar of Texas
- 2010 No winner
- 2009 David Simms, D.C. Bar Association
- 2008 Ken Brown, Ohio State Bar Association
- 2006 Toby Brown, Utah State Bar
- 2005 Yvonne McGhee, Fairfax Bar Association (VA)
- 2004 Anne Scarle, Baton Rouge Bar Association (LA)
- 2003 Roger Parris, Bar Association of Erie County (NY)
- 2002 Paul Nickell, Oregon State Bar
- 2001 Arlene Abady, Colorado Bar Association
All NABE Communications Section members are eligible, except former section chairs and current members of the Communications Section Executive Council, and must meet the following criteria:
- Significant and consistent participation in Section volunteer activities
- Furthering of the Section’s goals through committee and other related activities on behalf of the Section such as serving as a mentor or member of the workshop planning committee
Back to top
Nomination Form and Steps
Please check back for information on the 2014 nominations.
A committee appointed by the chair of the Section will review the nominations and recommend a recipient to the Executive Council for approval.
The award may be presented each year at the discretion of the Committee. More than one recipient may be selected at the discretion of the Committee.
For information about the current Anne Charles Award, contact Steph Abbott by e-mail or call (702) 387-6011.
Back to top